Friday, August 29, 2008

Fire Hazard From Loose Fuse In Power Plug

Another view of the charred and molten area around the live terminal of the fuse holder.
It pays to ensure that your fuse are properly seated in the electric power plug when wiring up a plug. In this case it is not sure how the fuse got loose, could be someone prying open the fuse cover and then fail to seat the fuse properly after that.
Also use good quality fire retardant plugs for high current appliances like washing machine, electric kettle, water heater, vacuum cleaners, power tools etc.

No comments :